A Brief History of the Church of St Mary Magdalene

The Bell Turrett and Bell

A wooden cladded Bell Turrett was added to the West side of the Nave in 1608. It stood on four oak posts with curved braces

The bell was  supplied by Peter Hawkes in 1608, a bell founder who was working in Essex and Suffolk during the early years of the 17th C